Site news

4th semester starts

4th semester starts

by Goran Munivrana -
Number of replies: 0

Dear students,

The winter examination period is officially over and we are starting with the 4th semester classes.

At the begging of the 4th semester you’ll start with the two courses from medically related fields, “Fundamentals of Kinesiotherapy” and “Sports Medicine” forming a small medical block within the semester. “Fundamentals of Kinesiotherapy” (run by professor Jelena Paušić) is scheduled to start in this week and “Sports Medicine” (run by professor Damir Hudetz) at the beginning of the next.

In the second week professor Kondrič is also scheduled to start providing you with lectures from the joined course “Methodology of Conditioning in Sports and Table Tennis”. As I’ve already informed you earlier, those two courses will be organised in the same way as was the case with my AATT and KATT courses. That means that the content of the two Methodology of Conditioning courses will be presented together as one subject, as they form a logical unit, but you’ll actually be assessed twice and you’ll receive two separate grades at the end of the course (as they are two separate courses in official curriculum of the programme).

The two “elective” courses run by professors Igor Jelaska (University of Split) and Samuel Pullinger (Aspire Academy Qatar) will start in the second part of the semester and their main purpose of is not to put some additional pressure on you, workload wise, but primarily to give you some insight to the topics that haven’t been addressed within the main curriculum, but still could prove beneficial to you as coaches.

As was the case for the first part of it, the specific practical course “Methodology of Technical and Tactical Preparation in Table Tennis 2” is scheduled to start at the practical part of the programme to be held in Split this June.

So, the courses are going to be dispersed throughout the semester and organised in a way that the overall workload should be evenly distributed through the semester and shouldn’t be too high at any point of time during the semester. Therefore, you should also have some time to deal with some backlogs from the first academic year (those of you who still have such) and from the 3rd semester courses (due assignments/assessments/exams).

The professors in charge of the 4th semester courses will provide you with an enrolment key enabling you to access the individual courses in due time.

I also remind you that students are required to pass and earn a final grade in all the courses from the 1st academic year of the programme in order to enrol the 3rd year of the study… and in addition you have to collect 30 ECTS points from the 2nd academic year courses… I am sure that won’t be a too heavy task for great majority of you as I believe that in the 2nd academic year it should be much easier for you to collect substantial amount of ECTS credits than in the 1st year.

As during the next 30 days I’ll have more time than usual to deal with students’ issues I am fully at your disposal for any help or advice you may need… After that my schedule will become extremely busy yet again so I advise you to use the coming period to seek for any help and advice I can provide you with… Each of you can arrange a Skype meeting with me if needed where we can address all the problems and issues that bother you, if such exist, and we can make a plan for the continuation of your study.

That’s all for now, I wish you a successful semester and looking forward meeting you all yet again during the second practical part of the programme in Split this June.

Best regards,